Wednesday, December 17, 2008

X is for xerox

Every morning when I first turn on my computer, I pop in to Lets Say Thanks and send a postcard to a service man or woman. It takes about 60 seconds if I send one of their prewritten messages and a bit longer if I compose a message myself. My thought is that in one to five minutes a day, I can say thank you to three hundred and sixty-five members of the armed services a year.

My Lake Havasu Blogger friend, Changes in the Wind does this as well. She posted the icon I've placed on my side bar about a week ago. The icon is really too big for my sidebar, but I'll keep working on it....
The postcards are all children's colorful drawings and designs, so it's fun to pick one out. Xerox prints them out in batches and includes them in care packages for the troops.
So.....if you happen to have a spare sixty seconds......

6 comments:

C. Marie Byars said...

Cute (and deep) thoughts! I picked up your profile from Granny J.'s. I used to live in Prescott but am now elsewhere in the southwest. Have a great holiday!

GEM said...

Thanks, I will send one.

Gem

Shammickite said...

That's a great idea. I wonder if there's a similar site where I could send a greeting to one of our Canadian troops in Afghanistan.
Canada has lost 103 men and women in Afghanistan now. 6 in the last 10 days. Time for the war to be over.

Changes in the wind said...

Hey thanks for the little plug and I too send most everyday:) ps...I am in Glendale....use to live in Prescott many years ago and grew up in Ash Fork (only you and I know where that is) haha...........

Linda G. said...

Marie, thanks for stopping by, and very happy holidays to you too:)

Gem, I hope you enjoyed seeing all the children's cards and thank you:)

Shem, I saw something for Canadian soldiers a few days ago, but can't think what..I'll try to remember....I'm praying these wars will end soon....

Changes! Where did I get the idea you live in L.H.! Oh well, now I know:) Remember my Dr.s office story? That lady was from Ashfork. This really is a small world after all.....

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Thanks to Xerox! What a fabulously Xtra special idea!

Terrific "X" idea :)

~Lisa
New Mexico