Thursday, December 4, 2008

K is for Kites and Kudos

First for the Kudo! This lovely award came from Lisa at Laughing Orca Ranch. Lisa and her family are living a real country life among a variety of critters high in New Mexico. Today she told us about her rare and beautiful, blue eyed, black Karakul sheep, Svetlana. Thank you for this award, Lisa!


I'm going to pass this on (I know some of you don't paste awards on your sidebars, but I wanted to acknowledge you anyway) to:

Changes in the Wind
The Old Sourdough
Grannie Annie
Mary Beth
Jan
Lydia
Granny J.
and last, but far from least, my beautiful Granddaughter,
Alicia

And if anyone else would like this little jewel on their sidebar, please help yourself!


Now for Kites..

Here are some some basic kite types....bat, diamond, triangle, sled, box, and some windsocks


A fantastic dragon kite from the Smithsonian Kite Festival in Washington D. C.

A Chinese Dragon kite........


I really like this squid!



This photo wouldn't enlarge for me, but I wanted to include it because we used to make sled kites from trash bags just like this one. They flew higher and better than any kites we'd ever bought, but had a bad habit of breaking any string or line and sailing blithely away into the wild blue yonder. We tried all kinds of line, but it was stronger than any tether....
There are kite festivals all over the world when winds blow fresh with a greening spring and a hint of summer to come.

10 comments:

Akasha Savage. said...

I loved the kite photos...and congrats on your award.
x

Changes in the wind said...

Thank you for passing it on to me:):)

Gypsy Butterfly said...

Hello Linda,
Thank You for the butterfly award!!!!!!!
I'm going to place it on my sidebar today!!!!!
I love creative kites too.
I hope you placed your wish on the wishing star today.
Wishing you a very nice evening,
Lydia

Our Family said...

Love you Grandma!

Jan said...

Oh, She..thank you so much for the lovely award!

I really like the kites, too! :)

Linda G. said...

Hi Akasha, I've been by a few times looking for a new scary story:)

Alicia, love you too!

You're welcome, Jan:)

Linda G. said...

You're welcome, Changes:)

Lydia, I love the twinkle star! Thank you:)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the award, She. (smooch!)

Thought you might like to know that that post on my site has had 250 hits so far. Foosh!

Linda G. said...

Nobody says it better than you do. OSD! You got some good links there too!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I love kites and kudos! That dragon kite is so cool!

~Lisa
New Mexico

ps....My word verification today made me laugh : string.

String for your kite! :)