Monday, December 15, 2008

V is for Venison

Late yesterday afternoon, our Granddaughter, Mu
struggled in lugging a huge crock pot brimming with our son's rich, venison stew.
I knew they were coming, so I'd made some little cheesy biscuits and popped a peach and an apple pie in the oven (thank you Sara Lee)
My Mom hasn't been feeling well, so our son drove the hundred or so feet back to her little house and brought her up in style. We set up card tables in front of the fire and as we ate our simple meal, we talked and laughed, and talked.....
I needed that.

6 comments:

Akasha Savage. said...

That sounds such a lovely way to spend an afternoon xx

Changes in the wind said...

That is what it is all about.....very special.

Linda G. said...

Thanks Akasha:) I'm looking forward to that cut-money story!

Changes, it is indeed:)

Anonymous said...

With the black mood I've been in for so long, I wouldn't enjoy that scenario one little bit. It sounds so wonderful. I wonder why I can't pull if off? But I'm SO glad that YOU can.

Jan said...

She..that just sounds so wonderful.

Such a blessing to have your Mom and your family there with you, like that.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I've not had venison in years. What a special way to enjoy it. :)

I love your 'V'.

~Lisa
New Mexico

ps, Get this!! My word verification is "deernomp"!!!!
How crazy is that?????

Soudns sort of like deer chomp...venison, indeed!
lol!