Sunday, November 2, 2008

Is this the Dream?

Is this what Martin Luther King had in mind?

Is this what many of the people lining up at the polls two days before the election are expecting?



Just what is being racist? Is it this little girl?

Here's Bill Clinton obviously put on the spot regarding Obama's association with Reverend Wright. Is there a difference between Wright and the KKK leader David Duke?



As police gear up for race riots should Obama lose the election, I can't help wondering what Dr. King would say to them.

I wonder what he would say to Barack if he found out the "beloved Auntie Zeitiuni" described in his book was living in public housing and that her nephew, apparently had lost track of her and didn't know of her circumstances as a fugitive illegal alien. He did return the $260 or so she'd donated to his campaign. Well......he had to as her status made it an illegal donation...

3 comments:

Jan said...

She..It is amazing to see what is going on, now--there seems to be no sense of rhyme or reason.

I have to confess that I am frightened, because it seems like everything has spun out of control, and there is no way to make people see what is really happening.

She never has to worry about flling her gas tank again..no worry about paying her mortgage..if she helps him, he will help her!

Poor deluded people.

I'm not kidding when I say that it makes me physically ill.

Granny Annie said...

I try so hard not to let this make me physically ill but when we see a person's poor judgment and previous mistakes being disregarded because the bad behavior was stopped and then explained, we wonder why it doesn't work in seeking any job. I was taught to expect consequences for my bad actions and not to expect to say I've changed and be rewarded.

And then to see this woman with her children expecting the land of plenty when Obama wins, I actually feel sorry for her disillusionment.

If Obama wins by the wide margins expected I think we must be ready to learn to live in a different America because a government of Obama, Pelosi and Reed will certainly cause us to change our once great expectations.

Still I must believe there is always hope even in the worse of circumstances because my parents taught me that too.

Linda G. said...

Jan, it's scary to see the interpretation people have put on the words of the One, and scarier to know it was all calculatied on his part. Based on the one of the articles you refered to in your post...these people are driven by feelings and not thought..

GA, It seems that personal responsibility has taken a back seat to personal greed. But, I was listening to some pundents talking about polls and they mentioned that twenty and thirty year olds were turning away from O. They want a chance at the American Dream:)

You are so right..There is always Hope! And I, for one have not given up!!!!!!!