Thursday, November 27, 2008

D is for Dinner

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is my favorite Holiday. It's the day my family gathers to sit down around the old walnut table that belonged to my Great Grandparents. It's the day we all get to have our favorite foods and we all have our favorites, so there is always much more food than we need or in reality, should have.
It is the day that the good silver is laid beside the best china in a sparkling array not to be seen any other time of year..... my Granddaughters practicing their table setting..

"No, Roo that big soup spoon goes on the very outside," councils Piglet kindly as they make their way around the big old oval table that is fully extended, and truthfully, way too big for one side of the living room.
It is always cramped. We sit as close together as our chairs will allow, holding hands while someone says grace. It is a moment of true thankfulness..for our close knit family, for good friends at home and in cyberspace...for our warm homes..for our comfortable lives.. for the blessing of being born in this bounteous country....we are truly grateful...

4 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Amen my friend, Amen!

Jan said...

So beautiful, She...thank you for sharing these beautiful thoughts of Thanksgiving with us!

Anonymous said...

We are truly blessed. Happy Thanksgiving, She.

Linda G. said...

My Dear Cyberspace friends, thank you for taking time out of your busy Holiday to visit me here. I feel three times blessed:)