Monday, February 4, 2008

More Ado About Scrabble

Finally! A picture of the Scrabble Maven and her beautiful daughter, my renter and surrogate child, Tigger! This photo is up because I finally took Granny J.'s advice and downloaded picasa.
I'm so happy about that, I'm not going to complain because I can't get Blogger to go to left margin, and can only center my prose as I've centered my picture. I suppose I should write a little poem here so it would appear more compatable with the format!
The Scrabble Games
These ladies look mighty happy,
While E. and I feel equally sappy.

We started the game, our minds in a whirl,
With seven letter words we’d magically unfurl.

Well, we fought the attack, but were soon driven back,
By jezail phpht, halutz, cwm and scurril....
That's the best I can do for a spur of the moment poem! I'll be back as soon as I figure out why my newest batch of bird pictures, the ones I tried to save in picasa, have little red do not enter signs on them. I'm intuiting that as a bad sign.

7 comments:

TomboCheck said...

glad to see you finally got photos working!

givethemhell said...

Oh, photos! Finally.

I admire your lovely poem about scrabble words, especially the last line.

meggie said...

Great post!! Lovely photo.

Shammickite said...

Great photo, and I love to play Scrabble, all I need are some willing opponents. My mother was a Scrabble Whizzzzz, she was practically unbeatable.

Granny J said...

Caloo callay! Great to see pictures again! As for that last line, no, I never heard of any of them! My current Scrabble partner shows up with a complete list of all the 2-letter words, including a copy for me! As for Moms -- my mother was in her mid-90s before I began to beat her once in a while.

Linda G. said...

Thanks Tombo, so am I!

Thanks Give'm, twas all in fun:)

Meggie, thanks..I think I captured the joy of wining pretty
well!

Ex, some people are just good at it! I think I've improved a bit the last few years, but a die-hard Scrabble player can always beat me!

GJ, "O Frabjous Day! Your Mom, as well as Ex-Shammickite's Mom, were Scrabble Mavens for sure! We keep a list of two letter words too. They can be very handy at times!

Mary Beth said...

Do you ever look at words and find yourself trying to make seven letter words from them? What a great picture! May the scrabble competitions continue:)