Saturday, February 23, 2008

Clouds and Castles

All this snow is just what Arizona needs! The little creeks and rivers are burbling joyfully along, and we're looking forward to a spring vibrant with wildflowers! Eeyore says if Global Warming is accountable for all this precipitation, he's all for it. The view from my kitchen window a couple of days ago......life is beautiful.....and interesting...
Click to dive into the snowy detail.
Have you heard of the Sand Castle competition at Harrison Hot Springs, British Columbia? Here are pictures of some of the entries. You can click on these for detail as well.


Huh! I had one more sand sculpture and one more of my pictures. Picasa didn't send them. Or did I do something wrong? Stay tuned for the next episode of, "Can a bear of little brain ever become computer literate?"
If you'd like to see more of the sand sculpture, it's here at Splendid Pictures Around the Net.
There's also a video that makes me want to take a vacation there today!

12 comments:

givethemhell said...

Those sandcastles look very artistic. I loved to build sandcastles as a child, but mine were rather simplistic affairs, nothing elaborate.

Helen/Spike and Drusilla OK Citizens said...

Thanks so much for these pictures and the link. I spent a lovely time going through all the castles/sculptures. I am in awe!

Akasha Savage. said...

I just can't believe those sculptures are made out of sand!
Amazing stuff.

meggie said...

Love you pic of snow!
Enjoyed seeing the sand sculptures, thanks for the link, also.

Jan said...

I really like your snow picture, She, and the sand sculptures are amazing!

I remember sculpting things in the sand, but they mostly looked like a cave, or something..never anything as beautiful as a castle!

Some people are just so creative, and I think it is wonderful that they are!

Linda G. said...

Thanks for your comments!

I think the hot springs has something to do with the sand sticking together better as I noticed another area of hot springs featuring sand sculpture!

Gypsy Butterfly said...

Wow! Those are great sand sculptures. Don't tell me you got hit with more snow. We are expecting another snow storm here this week. I'm seriously considering moving to Florida, cause I'm soooooo tierd of this weather in new york state.

Old Sourdough said...

I've never even lived where there was sand fine enough to build castles! Even though I've lived on the Pacific coast most of my adult life, I've never found that scrumptious sand. I feel deprived.

Linda G. said...

Lydia, we did get more snow, but every drop is welcome here in the drought stricken southwest. Also, this was a quick melting spring snow:)

OldSD, oh, but you live in Alaska! Who needs sand:)

photowannabe said...

Amazing sand art. I don't know how they do it. Great shots too.

Rowan said...

The snow picture is beautiful and those sand sculptures are just fantastic. It's amazing that people can get so much detail with a medium like sand. Those tulips are a beautiful colour - I take it that the spring flowers are only indoors at the moment:)

kerrdelune said...

Magnificent, simply magnificent!!!!!