Monday, March 30, 2009

Yellow Lily


The photo of Ee's hyacinth disappeared from below, so I'll post this one of last summer's Lily, also from his meadow. I love Lilies, but for some sad reason they always bring to my mind that Walt Whitman line that goes something like (loose translation here) who knows from what lovely lip hath this Lily sprung. I did make a feeble attempt to find it online, but couldn't. Maybe someone else knows?
Anyway, it seems a morbid way to look at a Lily, but I believe it's meant to celebrate the circle and replenishment of life. And as my perennial plants began to show green shoots above the brown earth, I began to really believe in Spring's proof of life!

6 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Ewww...I had to think about that for a minute until I 'got it'.

That lily is gorgeous...so bright.

~Lisa

Shammickite said...

Doncha love spring??? And what a gorgeous sunshiney yellow in that lily. I love it!

Changes in the wind said...

Had me stumped there for a minute:) Love those kind of flowers.....

Linda G. said...

Lisa, sorry! Didn't mean to be so morbid! That's just stuck with me for over half a century!

Thanks Sham!

Changes, I love them too and they smell so sweet:)

photowannabe said...

So pretty. I love them.

Computer components said...

Lilies are beautiful. Lovely photo!