Friday, March 20, 2009

The First Day of Spring!

The day when the sun is in perfect line with the equator. According to the news this morning, it is today although March 21 is usually the date of the Vernal Equnox, but this year it's the 20th. It can't be too soon for me!
It's been spring break for the girls so we stopped by Watters Garden Center the other day. Roo looks it over deciding where to zoom in.

This lady, with her charming way of dressing always enhances the Watters experience.

Inside, colored glass caught Mu's eye.

I liked this umbrella that makes a sunflower when unfurled....

Pretty and pink gets Roo's attetion every time.........

This round kitty was pretty cute.

All these strange creatures are watering cans made from metal

Piglet! Quit playing in the fountain!
After prowling through all the plants, shrubs and trees as well as everything the gift shop had to offer, the girls zeroed in on the best of all.....lotions and potions for softer, more fragrant skin..
Ee and I got some seed trays and some sterile seed starting mix. Dull stuff after all that was on offer. We noticed though, that the high end garden sculpture usually displayed in abundance, was nowhere to be seen.

6 comments:

Shammickite said...

ooooo a trip to the garden centre with the girls (all wearing short sleeve T-shirts too!), nothing could be more springlike than that!
I can't wait until our garden centres are open here in S Ontario.... still too cold right now and there's still some remaining snow in my back yard....BRRRRR!

Granny J said...

What a perfect way to celebrate the first day of spring! I'll take the cat and one of those watering critters while you're at it...

Linda G. said...

Sham, it's warming up here alright. I hope your spring arrives soon!

GJ, there were a number of those round creatures including a pig, but the cat was my favorite!

Mevely317 said...

Now, yours sounds like such a Fine Adventure!

Clever marketing, eh?.. how Watters has included a darling gift shop. (I've dibs on the sunflower umbrella!)

photowannabe said...

I want those watering cans....that looks like a terrific place to just wander around.
Spring is here..

Linda G. said...

Maverly, 'twas a fine adventure indeed, but we had too little time together this year to suit me!

Photo, I'm not sure how functional those cans are, but they sure are cute!