Monday, March 2, 2009

Oh, the March Wind Doth Blow!


March "came in like a lamb" here in Northern Arizona, so I imagine it will "go out like a lion". If the old adage is true, we can expect some wild winds toward the end of the month. I just hope they won't have the strength of the wind that pushed over these two trucks and swept them toward Nevada's Walker Lake, close to the town of Hawthorne.
*
My oldest son John, happened to be driving the white truck in the foreground when the wind imps struck He said one minute he was cruising down the road and the next he was lying on his side in a truck that was lying on it's side. John got out of his truck and running back to the red truck, found a Hispanic couple along with a young child all in a state of confusion, but not seriously injured. He got their truck engine turned off and hustled them out and away from the trucks, and made the call to report the freak accident. And it was in March....a couple of years ago.

12 comments:

TomboCheck said...

WOW. I always think about how going by big trucks on the freeway causes my vehicle to sway. I can't even imagine driving with the amount of surface area they have on a trailer...

Mevely317 said...

Wow, is right!
... Thank God your boy was all right, and had the presence of mind to check on the occupants of that second vehicle.

Mary Beth said...

Okay - that's scary. Unfortunately, March came in like a lion here on the east coast. But that means, it's going out like a lamb, right?

Changes in the wind said...

Unbelievable! So glad no one was hurt.

Linda G. said...

Tombo, I'm so scared of those trucks every time I'm on a busy highway!

Thanks, Maverly, you are so right!

MB, I saw your recent snow post! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the adage works for you!

Changes, I thought it pretty amazing that everyone was okay!

Shammickite said...

My goodness, what a wild wind that must have been to topple those enormous trucks like that! So glad everyone was OK. But a very scary thing to happen. Lets hope for calm weather.

Linda G. said...

Sham, I'm keeping my fingers crosse!

Granny Annie said...

As my grandma used to say, "Well I never!" I had no idea the winds could do that to a truck that size. Whew, should have know your son the tree toppler would come out okay:)

Gypsy Butterfly said...

Hello Linda,
Thank god no one was hurt and your son is o.k.!
The winds must have been brutal!
Have a great day,
Lydia

photowannabe said...

Wow, that is so scary. I'm glad everything turned out ok. That is a huge truck to be blown over like that.

Linda G. said...

GA, I think there should be a revival of all those Granny sayings! Lets work on it:) I'm so thankful he wasn't hurt or the little family either...

Thanks Lydia:) You have a great day too!

Thanks, Photo... All's well that ends well:)

Old Sourdough said...

Wow! Hi, She! I SO missed you! So great to see you back. We still have a couple of feet of snow, but it's finally warming up enough to make things drip. Any time. I'm tired of winter.