Friday, September 14, 2007

Two Memes in One

E. spotted this brighter than bright Monarch butterfly flitting about his butterfly bush. He chased it around with the camera for awhile and finally caught it with it's freshly minted wings spread.




Joni at My Piece of heaven tagged me for two memes.


#1. Rules-Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don't have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have. When you are tagged, you need to write your own blog post containing your own middle name game facts. At the end of your blog post you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged and to read your blog.

Well, I thought of choosing another middle name since I'm not too fond mine. This is the middle name on my birth certificate- Louise.



L. is both love and laughter-how can you truly have one without the other?

O. one-for-all-and-all-for-one the united caring of family members.

U. the umbelliferae, wild carrot, parsley, dill and yarrow....I love these lacy flowered plants that grace the garden as well as whatever meadows, fields and forests remain to them.

I. innocence-the endearing naivety of babies and young children and of young animals.....

S. simplicity- as much as possible, I avoid the beaten paths of life and seek simple pleasures..a cup of herb tea..a good book.

E. evening-the magic hour as day softens to night..when inside I leave the lights off as long as possible in order to experience this everyday phenomena.


Meme #2. This meme consists of ten questions to be answered.


1. If you could have super powers what would they be and what would you do with them? (Please feel free to be selfish, you do not have to save the world!)


Teletransport! I read a science fiction story in which each home had a doorway that was an installed utility, like electricity or telephone. You dialed up a location and stepped through the door and you were transported there. I'd love to just think of a friend or family member to appear wherever they happen to be, have lunch and a good visit and then teletransport back home.


2. Were you to find your self stranded on an island with a CD player...it could happen...what would your top 10 blogger island discs be? Trio, Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt and Emmy Lou Harris,Trio II, The soundtrack from 'O Brother Where Art Thou, The Eagles-their greatest hits, Kris Kristofferson-singer songwriter,Gordon Lightfoot-Gordo's Gold,Ray Orbison-super hits,Eddy Arnold-the best of,Linda Ronstadt-classics-what's new,R.Carlos Nakai-Canyon Trilogy

3. If you were a smell what would it be? the perfume of night blooming flowers.
.4. What bird would you most like to be? Acorn Woodpecker-they seem to have so much fun..

5. If you were a bird who's head would you poo on? O J Simpson

6. Are there any foods that your body craves? Mexican food-I gotta have it!

.7. What's your favourite time of year? Spring

8. What's your favourite time of day? early morning..with a cup of coffee in hand..and a days promise ahead..

9. If a rest is as good as a change which would you choose? A rest.


10. If you could have a dinner party and invite any 5 people from the past or present who would they be? (Living or deceased.) My son James-so quick with his sweet smile,my Grandmother Blanche Tilden, my Grandfather-Roy Tilden,Eleanor Roosevelt,Tresa Yates Matheson.


Now to tag six people! So, to do these memes only if they choose to, I tag:


Granny J for both.

Omegamom for both.

Sue ---for both

Katie--for both

Quilteddogs--for both

Catalyst--for both

11 comments:

Joni said...

Good job! I had to laugh about O.J. You were lucky with the butterfly photo I can't get them to sit still long enough.

meggie said...

Well done on your memes. I love the name Louise!
O Brother Where Art Thou is one of my favourite movies!
That is a lovely photo of the monarch Butterfly.

Anonymous said...

I just love your choice of music! stopping over from omegamom. thanks for a fun read

Linda G. said...

Thanks Joni.. Your butterfly pix are beautiful! I still remember your pic of the elegant, shimmering, blue butterfly.

Meggie, I love that movie too!

Thanks for stopping by, Carosgram!
Sounds like you have (ahemmmmm) great taste in music!

Mary Beth said...

The Monarchs are beginning to migrate through Long Beach Island, NJ. They look so beautiful against the green firs and blue sky.

Old Sourdough said...

when we lived in Minnesota, we had an old Juniper tree by the house (old farmhouse). One summer, it was used as a stopping place on the Monarch migration. Every morning, we'd see hundreds of gorgeous orange butterflies flitter down out of the tree as they warmed up, then they took to the air and flew away. A beautiful experience.

Linda G. said...

Welcome Mary Beth! We used to have many more Monarchs, but now I'm happy to see four or five in a season...it's sad.

OSD-Old farmhouse...a juniper filled with hundreds of Monarchs..I've heard of that profusion of butterflies, but never seen it..Lucky you!

Granny J said...

E caught a nice one there. I haven't seen a monarch as yet. On the other hand, it must really be season's end -- I've been seeing hawk moths at all times of the day. Still haven't got a good close-in pic, tho. As for the memes -- I'm working on it!

Linda G. said...

gj, I've been watching for them the last few years and often they're in pairs flitting about together..

Anonymous said...

SOLB, I followed through on the two new memes and you can find them on my About page. Thanks for passing to me. Love that flutterby... ktcosmos

Anonymous said...

I like your word for S - Simplicity:
a cup of herb tea and a good book - that's my thing, too.