Tuesday, September 18, 2007

An Award!

This is the You Make Me Smile Award and the creator of this award has this to say:

The thing that I love most about blogging is that I learn so much about a person just by reading his/her blog. I have met MANY wonderful people with wonderful stories to tell and I am grateful every day for each person whom I have the pleasure of crossing paths in life with. I wanted to create something special for the top ten people who have inspired me through their blogging; the stories they tell, and the lives that they lead with grace and dignity. I visit their blogs for inspiration and encouragement. Although there are MANY people I want to give this award to at this very moment, I am going to choose ten bloggers:Please grab your badge and wear it(with a smile) proudly, and pass it on because you inspire and encourage me, thank you.





Well, I am just jazzed to get this blogger award from Joni at My Piece of Heaven. Frankly, I was so tickled that I thought of Sally Field clasping her Oscar and babbling, "You like me! You really like me!"

But I read enough blogs to know that awards. while deeply appreciated by all recipients, are supposed to be received calmly, with a degree of maturity and a modicum of dignity, So thank you very much, Joni.

In turn I have the difficult task of selecting ten from the many bloggers who, on a daily basis, light up my face with a smile. So I choose:

Rowan
Granny J
Omegamom
Herhimnbryn
Wizened Wizard
Old Sourdough
Bec and call
Catalyst
Joni -right back at you:)
Meggie-I know..again!

10 comments:

meggie said...

Hi SOLB, thankyou for the award. I still cant get it right on my sidebar. I do love to read you too.

Old Sourdough said...

Awwww... She! You shouldn't have! (But, I'm glad--and humbled--that you did. ;o) )

Linda G. said...

Meggie, you're welcome:)

OSD, I'm glad youre glad!

Granny J said...

Oh, my goodness! Of course, I want to make everyone smile. Most of the time. But, cheez! an Award, yet. Thank you, thank you, Brain!

Linda G. said...

gj, it was bound to happen! You're welcome.

Judy said...

I am so honored! And I'm not proud... "YOU LIKE ME! YOU REALLY LIKE ME!!!"

And thank you for honoring me with your visits to my blog. There are a few more acres to my wood, but we seem to share several of the same interests and values. I'm glad I "found" you.

herhimnbryn said...

Oh. Thankyou very much for the lovely compliment.

Linda G. said...

Wiz-you are so welcome. I always enjoy my visits to your blog and love reading your insightful stories.

herhimnbryn-you are so welcome too. I love Secret Hill and a woman who quotes Pooh Bear is tops in my book!

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,

your "you make me smile" award has crossed the Atlantic Ocean. I have received it through Granny J and am very happy about it.
You all make me smile ...

Linda G. said...

Ditto Olivia!