Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Spot of Bother

I can't get Blogger to upload any photos! This is annoying in the extreme! It told me that I needed to allow pop ups so I've done that, but to no avail. Any helpful hints out there? I'm officially calling on Geeky-Granny and anyone else who can help me here

I haven't had time to post or do much reading lately, as my renter Tigger's Mom, the Scrabble Maven is here on her annual visit. We've been playing a marathon of games that I like to refer to as Scrabble Camp, and I do believe my game's improving! I've even won a few times, but TSM is known for throwing down a seven letter word or two just as your confidence builds.

I had a cute picture to upload of The Scrabble Maven and Tigger, but it will have to wait until my problem's solved. I tried yesterday, so I'm afraid it isn't going away by itself!

10 comments:

Catalyst said...

I've had that problem from time to time. Usually I just give up and go away. When I come back later, it's all fixed. Dunno what the problem is.

Olivia Kroth said...

Thank you for your kind comment on my new post about "foxes".

Oh, what a shame that you cannot upload any photos. You could send an SOS email to Yolanda, one of my blogger friends from California. She is very computer savvy and very helpful, too, knows the answer to practically every question and is full of good advice.

Her email:
newriter@gmail.com

Good luck to you, Linda.
I will return later to have a look at the pictures.

meggie said...

I hope you manage to get your pictures up. I suddenly lost one of my programmes for photos yesterday. The secret life of the ocmputer!! LOL.

Linda G. said...

Cat, computer heal thyself is a good approach. I usually get good results from it, but not this time, it seems..

Olivia, thanks for your friend's email. I've been waiting for my computer guru to tell me what to do, but haven't heard from her yet:)

Meggie, we're at the whim of the darn things!

Granny J said...

GeekyGranny? Granny, yes; geeky, not very -- for that, you want OmegaMom up in the frozen north. My experience is about the same as Cat-A -- wait a while and see if Blogger fixes itself. Usually, it does. Sorry I can't do better than that. Hate to ruin my rep!

Granny J said...

Oh, one thing you might do is change your comments from the popup to being attached at the bottom of the post, like mine -- I haven't had photo problems tonight.

Linda G. said...

Thanks GG, you're still my Guru!

Mary Beth said...

I am jealous of your Scrabble Camp - I know the thrill of finding that perfect word!

Linda G. said...

MB, have you tried the online game scrabulous? I heard of it through granny J, and like it although it doesn't take some two letter words we use in play.

TomboCheck said...

Did granny's advice get you squared away for pictures? If not, and you are uploading your pictures through blogger, check how large the photo file is (blogger only allows up to 8MB files), and make sure that you are not exceeding your blogger storage limit (1024 MB).

see THIS ARTICLE to find out how to check your storage usage.

Your email problem could be either a cableone problem or the timeout setting on your email client is set for too short. Checking that would depend on what email software you use (outlook express, outlook, thunderbird).

Hope that helps?