Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Who knew?

You're never too old to learn!
I am in my seventy-first year and I just learned some new definitions!

Silly me, I thought that Government monies devoted to infrastructure meant money and jobs reinforcing highways, bridges, dams, levies, water ways, and public transit.

I thought the stimulus bill was to pay Americans to work while improving basic conditions in America.

Now I have learned that infrastructure also can mean..water parks and Frisbee parks, miniature golf courses and polar bear enclosures.

I have learned that it means $240,000,000 to shore up the sagging film industry.
(Just maybe Hollywood should start producing movies with real plots, lively dialogue, and fewer moral lessons for those of us too dumb to see it their way. After all, they are the entertainment. Let them actually entertain and viewers will come back.)

I have learned that infrastructure can mean free abortions for women around the world.

How about a snow making and maintenance facility?

Or $375,000,000 for a Las Vegas Convention Center?

For a look at requests from United States cities and towns you can go to
Stimulus Watch where you can see how much for what projects Mayors across the country are requesting, and if you have knowledge of a project in your area, vote yes or no on it.

There were no requests from my town, but quite a few from other towns and cities in Arizona.

8 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Color me, stunned. (...and greatly saddened.)
...Did you see Puerto Rico's lil' slice of this pie? OMG!!!!!

Thanks for tackling this subject ~ great post!

Jan said...

Linda..yeah, silly you.

You'd think everybody would know all about the stuff, now wouldn't you?

Isn't it the biggest joke?

Too bad it will be at our expense, for eons to come.

Changes in the wind said...

Yes, you are right.....logic does not work anymore. What would seem to be the meaning of something....now isn't. Thanks for sharing the web site......

Linda G. said...

Maverly, I'm going to have to find out about Pureto Rico..it's all just madness!

Jan, I can't believe the way this all just crept up on us:o(

You're welcome for the link, Changes..depressing tho it is!

Gypsy Butterfly said...

Hello Linda,
It's unbelievable and discusting where some of this country's money is going.
Wishing you a nice evening,
Lydia

photowannabe said...

Makes me crazy....We struggle with our own finances and then we have to help out those "struggling" projects. How laughable and how stupid we must look to the rest of the world.

Anonymous said...

You rock. Excellent post. And, I agree about it all. I just feel bad for my grandkids. They will get to pay for this for the rest of their lives.

Linda G. said...

Hi Lydia!
You are so right..we have no choice but to subsidize
whatever congress chooses!
Take Care,
Linda

Photo, I believe the British press is having great fun with the craziness!!

Thanks OSD! I can't dish it out like you do, but I had to try:)