Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Pretty Picture!

I'm so glad to see that my Great Grandson, Riley is helping his Mom take care of his new baby sister Alyssa Wendie. Wish I could be there to help them!
Well, not today because I'm still sniffy and snuffly, but I do long to wrap my arms around those two!
**** ***
Thanks, for your good wishes and thanks, Shammickite, at the Rook's Nest, for your hot-toddy recipe. Although I had to substitute Irish Whiskey for the Scotch, those hot drinks at bedtime do take the sting out of hosting a virus.
*
As I cuddled up with a Thomas Perry thriller and a box of Kleenex, I couldn't help pondering the existence of viruses. They are not living yet they are ever ready to invade a host's living cells, boring their way through the cell membrane to take control, like microscopic versions of the creatures in 'The Body Snatchers.' In my mind they are more linked to the mechanical, alien armies of science fiction than something that belongs here on earth.
Pay no attention, it's just the ramblings of a fevered mind.......I'll be better tomorrow!

10 comments:

Mevely317 said...

What adorable children, Linda! Kinda looks like they're fixing to "bump fists" :)

Thanks for sharing that picture with us!

Shammickite said...

I'm so glad the Hot Toddy recipe worked! It may not cure you but it certainly makes you feel a whole lot better!
And now I find out you're a Great-grandma!! WOW! That's impressive. And great-grannie to those two adorable children, you are so lucky. Hugs to you, and to the little ones.

Gypsy Butterfly said...

Hello Linda,
Your grandchildren are so adorable!!!!!!!
God bless them!
Have a nice day,
Lydia

Linda G. said...

Thanks, Maverly. I hadn't noticed them 'bumping fists', but they do look that way!

Sham, your potion may not have been the cure, but it sure took a lot of the pain out. Much better than aspirin:)

Thank you Lydia!

Jan said...

Linda, those precious little things are so...well, precisous!

They're beautiful!

I do hope you are feeling better. I was sick for a solid month, and just now beginning to feel normal again..whatever that means! :)

photowannabe said...

That is such a precious picture of your sweeties. Sorry you are under the weather. Feel better soon so you can wrap your arms around the babies.

Akasha Savage. said...

What little sweeties those two look!
How lucky you are, I so envy you. My two sons are twenty-five and twenty-seven, neither of them have settled down yet...let alone started to reproduce!...and my daughter's only sixteen.
Ah well...one day....

Linda G. said...

Thanks Jan:) I'm glad you've beaten the bug! well. The one going around this winter has been really mean!

Photo, I think I have the bug whipped, but alas, the babes are in Northern CA.

Akasha, I know you'll be cuddling those Grandchildren one of these days. My Granddaughter, will be thirty this year, and her husband is a few years older.

Granny Annie said...

Okay Linda, you must still be delirious because Riley is definitely getting ready to sock is little sister. LOL Maybe it's a good thing you're not there to help with the children. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Linda G. said...

Nonesense, GA! They're about to bump fists;)