Saturday, February 21, 2009

Back at the Lift

I'm sorry, patient readers. I'm not done with the lift! I would have posted all these pictures yesterday, but picasa will only post four at a time. There are people who know their way around this, but I don't.
After the work was done, the lift became a carnival ride. Mom went up and away.......that's her in the first picture.....

Then, I got my turn in the tree tops with a view of Thumb Butte.

And last, but never least.........The outsides of my upstairs windows got washed! Life is good.......

I think I have it out of my system, now........

6 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Wow, Linda!!! I don't know that I'd have had the "moxie" to climb into (onto?) that lift, but trust the view was amazing. How cool to be able to combine work and fun!

Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving your sweet thoughts!

Jan said...

Linda..you have the most interesting family--and adventures!

Just looking at how high up in the air that thing is, gives me butterfies in my stomach, and sweaty palms! LOL

You actually went up in it???

Wow!!

Linda G. said...

Maverly, I'm not afraid of much, but I'm petrified when in a car on the freeway!

Jan, I thought I might be nervous, but it was great fun. We're a "do it your self" kind of family out of necessity..but we have a lot of fun while doing it....






























1

Shammickite said...

Great job to get the upstairs windows cleaned at the same time! That's really thinking ahead!

Cliff said...

Seems like about twice a year I think I'd like to own one of those here on the farm but then what to do with it the other 363 days.
Washing windows hadn't crossed my mind. Good idea.

Linda G. said...

Sham, those windows are a problem nowdays, so it was nice to get them done!

Clif, a lift would be a great thing for a farm! On the other 363 days a year you could give your Grandkids rides:) My daughter rented this for $400 for the weekend, so that wasn't too bad. We're considering renting it once or twice a year for tree trimming, gutter cleaning, window washing etc. Our neighbors would probably chip in a little on the rental for tree trimming.