Monday, October 6, 2008

Meditations on Truthfulness

When my cousin, Stephen was about three, his father was on his way to the kitchen to make the morning coffee when he encountered his little son coming down the hall. Stephen thrusting both hands behind his back, met his Daddy's eyes head on. his cheeks were bulging and as he spoke, chocolate dribbled down his chin.

"I'm not eating the candy, Daddy," he said. Well, my uncle didn't quite know what to say to that chubby, endearing, jammy clad little fellow who was lying through his chocolate covered teeth. He must have gotten on it, because Stephen turned out just fine. But it raises some questions about how we deal with someone who looks us straight in the eye and lies to us. In this oh, so politically correct and sophisticated society, we have a hard time calling people on those lies.

OK, I'm going to get political here, because I believe that the President of the United States, the Commander in Chief of our Military Services, must, above all else, have a loyalty and commitment to The United States of America. And frankly, I have serious doubts as to Senator Obama's commitment to our Country, and especially as to his knowledge of and concern for the Men and Women in uniform who stand between us and those who would harm us.
Here are a couple of videos. I hope you'll watch them.
#1.


I'm a little worried about that one. Do all those yellow letters mean I shouldn't have copied or posted it? Let me know. I can take it of and just reference it on youTube.

#2.



I listen to Obama and have these questions. If the Senator feels his long term association with Ayers is truly not worth considering, why gloss it over? Why not welcome getting it out into the open? Is he lying? Are those sweets dripping down his chin or is he truly, despite his obviously high IQ, so disingenuous he didn't recognize Ayers unrepentant terrorist mentality? Should the American people consider this relationship unimportant in their President? Most importantly, one has to ask ones's self would he recognize another terrorist if he encountered one?

I will welcome any comments on these points as long as they're serious and have meaning.

10 comments:

Jan said...

She..to say that an Obama Administration will bode nothing but ill for this country is an understatement.

He has tried to gloss over the exent of his association with Ayers, which has been much more than he is willing to admit to, but the facts are there.

It is amazing how much the mainstream meadia covers for him by avoiding anything which could adversely affect him.

There is much about him which many still are not aware of, and I hope that those following him, blindly, will realize it before it is too late.

Just the fact that he has been in close association with a man who says that he is unrepentant about his efforts to destroy this country speaks volumes.

Linda G. said...

Jan,
Cal Thomas wrote a good column on this today, but an amazing number of people seem happy with the "I was only eight excuse." Seems like a lot of people just don't want to bother thinking about it.
Hope and pray, Jan and keep on truckin' :)

Granny Annie said...

You have been gone from blog world for so long I fear you will now be run out after you've only been back this short time. The PrO'Bama's will attack you like a shark. Freedom on blog speech has turned into a huge hit-and-run fiasco.

Linda G. said...

Hi Grannie Annie,
I thought about it long and hard, but that is their right and I'm a tough old bird. One of the reasons I'm doing this is that I believe some of our first admendment rights will disapear along with our second amendment rights if Obama gets into power.
We need to use this blog speech power while we have it.
Thanks for your comment! You're pretty tough yourself:)

Changes in the wind said...

It is an important issue and I have been listening.............

Linda G. said...

Changes, yes it is so important..and I know you well enough by now to know that whatever your decision, it won't be made lightly or thoughtlessly.

Anonymous said...

hang in there, She, and keep talking it up. you are doing a great job.

Linda G. said...

Would that I had your writing skill, OSD!

photowannabe said...

I don't usually talk politics but I have to say you are right on about this...there...I've stuck my neck out too.

Faith said...

I really enjoyed your blog posts thank you.