Saturday, December 22, 2007

Aint' it Funny...


How Time Slips Away..


Thanks to everyone who expressed concern for me during the period I didn't post. I was down with a respiratory virus for several days, and when I got on my feet felt I had to focus on the business of Christmas. I sincerely apologize to anyone who was concerned for me.
I just felt I couldn't open the box..

With apologies to Forest Gump as well, I have to say that blogging is a lot like a box of chocolates. But, I have to differ with Forest in one aspect. You do know pretty much what you'll get.At least in one of your favorite big boxes, the kind that you know just by looking at one of those beauties nesting in it's own little paper cup pretty much what melt in your mouth treat you hold in your hand when you pick it up. You know the light chocolate with the little swirl has a fudgey center and the thin rectangle has crunchy toffee.

Here's the thing I've found, blogging is exactly like eating chocolates. It's addictive... it's impossible to read just one. I can happily lose track of time when catching up on my favorite blogger's lives, their pictures, their silly (or scary) stories, their interests, and their ideas. And I know pretty much what I'm going to get as I indulge in one after another....
So, when I got on my feet I I knuckled down and buckled down to the business of Christmas. I couldn't open the computer box, because I am admittedly addicted to my fellow bloggers and their stories. I'm so looking forward to December 26 when I plan to Binge!


16 comments:

Granny Annie said...

You've done a great job defining the addiction of blogging! I'm gone now until 2008 and don't see how I will survive. I will have lots of catching up to do. I'm hoping for high speed internet access next year so I can comment more on blogs and open videos, etc. Meanwhile, I wish you a Merry, Merry, Happy, Happy, Ho, Ho, Ho......See you again in 2008!

Olivia Kroth said...

Hello Linda,
I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Thanks for the email, too. I wish you happy holidays,
Olivia

Granny J said...

An addiction, yessss!

Anonymous said...

Blogging is also hard work if done properly.

Your post is funny today and at the same time a relief to know you are OK.

meggie said...

So sorry to hear you have been unwell. I thought you must be busy with Christmas!
I am addicted to all the blogs I love. It does take time!
I hope you have a Happy & safe Christmas, & look forward to seeing you again once you have time.
HugsXXX

Changes in the wind said...

What a perfect description of blogging! "A box of chocolates" and it is so true. Glad you are back on your feet and look forward to the new year with you.......

Mary Beth said...

Sometimes I feel that by blog friends are my guilty pleasure - moments grabbed whenever I have one to spare. As I finish a project at work, I'll nip in and catch up on one, just to rest my eyes from columns of numbers or mind numbingly boring information. But then one becomes two, and so on. Glad to see you back - have a wonderful holiday!

Old Sourdough said...

Yay! Welcome back, She. Missed you BAD. Merry, merry Christmas!! ((((((((((((((Linda))))))))))))))

Jan said...

She, I must say that I thought you were just busy with the things that one gets busy with, this time of year! I'm glad that you felt well enough to write this post..it is interesting how you compared the reading of blogs, to choosing a chocolate from a box! I love it! :)

I think that reading mine, at times must seem like reaching into one of those "bits and pieces" bags that some of the candy stores at the mall offer! :)

Needless to say, I find yours to be one of the more "delicious" offerings, and suits my taste just fine!

photowannabe said...

I know exactly how you feel about that computer and how it can run our lives. I said I wasn't going to blog until after christmas and her I am doing what I said I wouldn't do...so I just want to wish you a wonderful and blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Now its off to bed...

Gypsy Butterfly said...

Hello Linda, I'm so sorry that you were sick. I'm happy your better in time for the holidays. Have a wonderful christmas and a happy new year.

Olivia Kroth said...

Merry Christmas to you, dear Linda, with lots of cheer and good health.

Judy said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. The holiday season is not a good time to be sick... unless, of course, you get sick because you ate too many chocolates...

; )

Here's a seasonal card for you, and my best wishes for health and happiness in the new year.

Wiz

Joni said...

I was just thinking, "why haven't I heard from sheoflittlebrain?" AH HA I see why. I hope you feel better soon and can make the blogging rounds. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Chris Eldin said...

You have one more day, then you can rip open the box!!!
Glad you're feeling better in time for Christmas. Happy holidays!
:-)

Shammickite said...

You are quite correct about blogging being addictive. Sometimes I think I am spending more time communicating to strangers than I am with my own family!