Friday, March 7, 2008

Who needs Gravity?

Oh Dear! Life keeps me away from the computer..well from blogging anyway. I've been getting acquainted with listing on EBay. E. and I just have too much stuff. We've always been pack rats. We collect and keep everything and the seams of this old house are bursting. The basement is full. We've foisted stuff off on the kids and their houses are bursting. So, we're going to try EBay.

My best friend who lives in Florida sent me this wonderful Space Station video. It's short and looks like such fun!


Givethemhell asked me about this song that is so familiar to all of us and those with children and grandchildren know it's from the Disney movie The Lion King. But there is some interesting information here that tells a rather sad history of the Zulu man who seems to have written the song in 1939.

11 comments:

Granny J said...

Do let us know how the eBay thing works out! I, too, have Stuff. BTW, loved the video. Envy. Envy. Envy.

givethemhell said...

I enjoyed watching the video and listening to that song. I have heard it often but cannot remember who sings it. Do you know?

Linda G. said...

GJ, it's not hard to do as far as the listing goes...

Givem' I love that song from the Lion King. I didn't know much about it either so looked it up and added a link to my post:)

Old Sourdough said...

the song was released in 1959 by the Kingston Trio, but it has a much longer history. I can remember listening to it when I was a teenager. LOL! (Just realized how long ago that was...! Scared my little self!)

givethemhell said...

Yes, I remember having heard that song as a teenager, too. Just like old sourdough. I love the Jamaica feeling it gives to me. So it was the Kingston Trio who released it in 1959, interesting! Well, good things last long.

givethemhell said...

I followed your link, sheoflittlebrain, and read about the Zulu man Mr. Linda fighting for recompensation about the rights of his song. I am glad that his heirs finally got some money.

This is a difficult situation for creative artists, making sure they get the copyrights and royalty payments due to them.

Changes in the wind said...

Great post:)

Linda G. said...

Thanks OldSD, I remember the Kingston Trio, but didn't associate that song with them. I was boggled down in diapers when it came along, I guess!

Giveem' yes, it's sad that the creators and inventors sometimes get cheated out of the profit.

Thanks Changes:)

Helen/Spike and Drusilla OK Citizens said...

Cool video. I actually have the Kingston Trio version on my ipod.

photowannabe said...

Good stuff there. Good luck with the Ebay venture. We have been doing it ourselves for the last few years. Good sharp pictures and accurate descriptions are key to sales. Make sure your shipping information is accurate too. We use the priorty mailing boxes which you can order from the post office for FREE. (you can do this on line and the boxes are sent directly to your home) It makes things much more simple.

Linda G. said...

Thanks Hey Teach:) I'm going to find the Kingston Trio version just to see if I remember it!

Photo. thanks for the info! We are very good at buying from EBay, hence much of the stuff we now want to get rid of! I've been a bit nervous about listing so I really appreciate your help and advise:)