Thursday, May 24, 2007

Identity Crisis



Although I had been commenting on other blogs using the name linda g, I had been intending to use a different name when I began ruminating about doing this blog. My family and I discussed it, albeit casually while engaged in other pursuits, and each person had an identity in mind. I, of course would be Pooh. I am shaped like Pooh, share a number of other character traits with Pooh, and most importantly, it is MY blog, and as everybody knows, Pooh is the MOST IMPORTANT ONE. Somehow, overcome by confusion as I rather thoughtlessly launched into cyberspace, I forgot that intent


I was forced to give proper consideration to all our identities when, anxious for feedback on the few posts I have done, I approached some family members for their opinions.


"You said I could be Roo", complained my youngest Granddaughter. "You called me Vee."


"She hasn't mentioned me at all, and Piglet is a very important character," said the oldest of this trio of girls, offering a genuinely sweet smile in forgiveness.

"I'm going to be Mu," remarked the third who has an independent nature. "Mu belongs to the One Acre Wood, not the Hundred Acre Wood.


A long pause ensued as the rest of us reflected on this stunning announcement.

Hmmmmmmmm, the sheer creativity and originality of this idea was just so........... so.......well.......creative and original.


"Well," I said a little wistfully as I would have liked to be the original and creative one, I will give you all those names in the blog. Now, I need to call myself something Pooish, but not Pooh.
"I'm glad you're doing that," offered my daughter who, as the kindest, calmest, most nurturing person in our family deserves the title of Kanga. "I have felt that, as a couple, Eeyore and linda g do seem to be lacking something. "What will it be?"
"I was thinking of sheoflittlebrain," I said.
"Perfect," they all cried at once.
"You don't think it too demeaning or self-effacing?" I asked a bit anxiously.
"Not at all," said Kanga staunchly. "It suits you to a T."
'I mean, you'll all still respect me won't you?"

Fondley they pronounced, "Silly old Grandma!"
And so it has come to pass.







2 comments:

Granny J said...

Long ago,in another world incredibly far away, my then partner called me bear of little brain. So I really have to admire your new nom de plume...

Linda G. said...

Thanks, Granny J. Everyone seems to agree that it suits me and it is one of the ways I relate to Winnie ther Pooh..

I just bet you were one cute little bear!